Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29, 2008

Only 3 more days left in this month! I can't believe how quickly it has gone! The sun is shining and it looks like Spring will be arriving very soon. It is still a little cold, but it is not snowing and there is no ice. I have even seen some tulip leaves popping up through the ground. I am ready for the brown to turn green and lush!

Easter was very low-key and quiet. We bucked tradition and went out to dinner instead. It was great. No spending the day in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up afterwards. I only got to see one grandson that day though as the littlest one was on a trip to see his other grandparents. But the Easter bunny left him something anyway--it was at his house when he got home.

Another milestone in the family--the youngest child, my brother, turned 40 on Wednesday. Boy does he feel old! I certainly don't feel that old--at least not on most days. We went to dinner with him and I gave him a present--a Mr. Potato Head dressed as Optimus Prime. He loved it. The potato head toys have sort of been a standing joke for a long time. It started when I asked one of my children (they were very small at the time) what we should get Uncle Tim for his birthday. They thought he needed a Mr. Potato Head. So, we have been giving him that gift for a while now--not every year, just when I run across one that I think is unique or reminds me of him or something he likes--like the Tranformers. He and his wife will leave this next week for a trip to Australia. He will be doing some teaching there and they will take some time to tour a little bit.

My other younger brother and his wife are also leaving the country this next week. They will be touring China. I know they will take lots of photos and have lots to tell when they return. It will be a great trip for them as well. I am staying here. Someone has to keep an eye on things. :)
I hope both traveling groups have a safe journey!

No comments: