Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update

Surgery is scheduled for Monday, November 17th.

I will have outpatient surgery on the right foot. The doctor says it will take about a half-hour for the procedure. He will put a plate and pins into the side of my right foot. I will be off of it for at least a week. He will re-evaluate at the end of the week.

I hate being so immobile. We take a lot of things for granted. I can't even carry a cup of coffee to my favorite chair. It takes me a lot longer to get things done and there are many things I cannot do at all. I am tired all the time--guess that is my body trying to slow me down so it can heal.

But what I really, really hate, is that I cannot take care of my grandsons. I always enjoy my "alone" time with each of them. That isn't happening right now.

I have been trying to knit more, but that isn't even going as well as when I am healthy and alert. This too shall pass. In a few weeks I will be back to walking on both limbs. Hopefully my strength and stamina will also return.

My trials and tribulations are nothing compared to others who have to live with this kind of thing everyday of their lives. Mine is temporary and for that I am truly thankful. So, I will quit whining about it. At least I can still use my hands.

No comments: