Sunday, March 04, 2007

Winter Hit Us Again

It seems that winter isn't over yet in Iowa. We have had two winter storms back-to-back within this past week. But the worst is over now. The sun is shining and that is quite deceiving as it is still rather chilly outside. I did hear some birds singing as I let Snickers go outside this morning. That is encouraging. I think Spring will be here soon. This current snow should start to melt this week as predicted temperatures are going to be in the 40's.

Charlie is just a little past 5 months old now. He is so-oooooo cute! I was babysitting with him last night and when I walked in the door he gave me the biggest grin--one that just melts your heart! He has one tooth on the bottom and may be working on adding more. I took some photo's of him with his Great Grandma Miller on February 23rd--his 5 month old "birthday".

Photo at left taken on 3-3-07, Emily's family birthday party.



We celebrated Emily's 7th birthday. She wanted to go to Macaroni
Grill for dinner (good choice, Emily). Then we ended up at Grandma Miller's house for brownie sundaes and opening presents.

We will celebrate Kirsten's on Tuesday. She wants to go to Lone Star. Her requested dessert for the party is Mini Cheesecakes (like we had at Nikki's baby shower). So Kirsten and I are baking this afternoon. The party with their friends will be on Saturday, March 10th. They have invited 10 girls and their mothers to come for a card party. We will be handcrafting cards using rubber stamps. It will be a lot of fun. I, as the aunt, will be assisting, along with my friend, Joanne. I will post photo's of that event later.

Keep smiling. Spring is in the air!

No comments: